Pupil Absence 0844 239 3351 Admin

Absence Reporting

In the event of student absence parents should contact: 0844 239 3351 - press option 1 to leave a message

This automated system will ask you a series of questions. Each question must be answered for the absence to be registered. Incomplete or aborted messages will not be retained. 

To Text an absence please use 07624815162 with details of childs name and length of absence 

Absence Reporting and Communications with parents/ guardians 

Each day, at around 9.45am, a message will be sent out to parents with students who were not present at registration and a reason is not known for their absence. This message will be sent out by Text, Email and if necessary Voice broadcast to a landline.

A reply can be sent back to the school via text or email, which will be passed to the attendance team who will update the school registers. In the event that a student should be in school, please contact 08442393351, option 2, to let us know this should be the case. Note: parents with students who are late may be contacted, if their record has not been updated by 9.45am.

Changes to any of your details including your email addresses or mobile telephone number can be communicated via an email to mailupdate@joa.herts.sch.uk  or by contacting school reception.

Known/Preplanned Absence (Medical Appointments, College Appointments, etc)

A note detailing the known absence should be sent to the school via their class tutor. Please mark the note for the attention of the MIS Office.  

As an alternative to the note to MIS you can leave a message in advance on the school absence line                   0844 239 3351 - press option 1, follow prompts and leave a message

Please note Students must be provided with a signed note on the day of absence, as they will be requested to show this at the point of leaving school. 

STAFF ABSENCE 

Staff Absences should be reported to 01923 772566

Pupil Absence 0844 239 3351 Admin
Tap here to discover more about St. Joan of Arc School